Sunday, May 17, 2009

Seeking Perfection in an Imperfect World

It dawned on me today that finding ultimate truths are quite unattainable, save for one...is or not, but I'll address that later.  Philosophers like Wittgenstein and Heidegger have perplexed me ever since I learned what philosophy was.  I think now I can understand why it is such a unattainable goal.  I am firmly convinced that I cannot trust what I think and here's why.  I've been horribly sick for a week with the flu or strep or something similar.  I finally broke down and went to the doctor and got on some antibiotics.  I'm on the third day of medication and since I've only taken antibiotics like 5 times in my life, they really really work for me.  Right now I'm borderline dizzy.  This feeling got me to wondering of how differently I feel during different mental states.  So if my mind itself is not a constant, then how could I ever think I could come up with a consistent thought?  I just can't happen.  Could Wittgenstein come up with tracticus without all of his sexual frustrations?  Can you separate mind and body?  I don't think so, therefore, I don't think you can have any thoughts that supercede your bodily limitations.  Alas we are all ants and do not posess the faculties to conclude anything further.  However, we can dream, can't we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts