Thursday, January 22, 2009

Philosophy is kind of cool

For the past few months, I've been consuming as much info about philosophy as my brain can hold, within reason, that is.  I do have four kids and a job and a half and a mortgage and a half.  But philosophy is so cool, even if it is dead.  Actually philosophy isn't really philosophy, but more like logic or math.  However it does have applications everywhere I look.  Maybe that's the beauty of it.  It is always there, whether you know it or not, something like gravity.  But philosophy is about limitations.  I can't remember exactly, but I think that's what St. Thomas came up with. You can only know God through what he isn't.  I guess that's where it takes one to know one comes from.  Once I get this hardcoded into my brain, I think everything will be clearer.  It's starting already.

1 comment:

  1. True, if you know your limits, you can know your potential as well. I developed a script to write web pages for me, but if I think that it will ever produce anything intelligible, I'm pretty much deluding myself. However, knowing what can be done inside the parameters of the program, I can maximize it's usefulness.

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts