Thursday, December 4, 2008

On Fathers and Sons

So many stories have been written about the dynamics between fathers and sons.  Some recent stories that I have read come to mind...The House of Mondavi and Hart's Hope.  Even Disney stories such as the Lion King.  Many of these stories are tragedies.  How can I learn from them?  Should I have be a better communication with my own sons?  Should I have a better relationship with my own father?  I believe some portion of my sons' successes and failures will be attributable to my own.  Maybe they are unavoidable.  Maybe the only thing that is important is that to maintain the status quo.  Do you cast off the second born and put your efforts into the first born?  I think that simply putting your efforts into any of your kids is the mininum that needs to be done.  I don't see that happening much...at least in my family.  Hopefully I can do a better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts