Monday, November 10, 2008

We Need Dylan, not the Jonas Brothers

I can't help but feel a little empowered having helped elect a black man to the presidency.  I feel that the times are changing, and finally for the better.  I'm raising a family and it isn't easy.  It never was and probably never will be.  That's just the nature of life in this complex world where we live.  It is starting with my little piece of the world, but I can feel that all the things that are wrong with the planet, anyone's short-list probably has a few dozen items, are within reach.  I don't think that the winner-take-all culture that has emerged from the last decade is sustainable.  We are sure feeling it now.  However, I still have the feeling that change is in the air.  What change it is, is in our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts